Wednesday, February 20, 2013

KPOP Update: My first KPOP music video, and S-E-Y-L-E STYLE.

Hellooooo!!!!!

I wanted to show you guys the first KPOP music video I experienced so you could see why I kept/keep watching them...all the time.  


My first music video was called "Chocolate Love" by Girls' Generation. So of course, I thought these 9 asian chicks were singing about their love for this:



When it turns out, they were talking about this:


I was disappointed that "chocolate love" meant the love they had for their cell phones (it was a promotional song of course), but I couldn't believe how coordinated their dancing was!  Normally when I would watch youtube clips of more than 2 Americans dancing together I would always watch the one individual who was ridiculously off from the rest of the group, but I didn't find that happening with these nine tiny asian girls!  

Naturally, I had to watch their other music videos, and I LOVED them.  Especially this one and their famous "open legged dance."  Did someone say "86 million views?"  What?



This next mv I'm sharing with you guys is awful.  Just awful.  If you dare to watch it, here is the link:


And here is the link to where I think they got their inspiration.  30 Rock anyone?  Tina Fey + Denise Richards = pure genius.


This girl group is called "Rania" and they are known for being the "sexy new girl group" in KPOP.  I think they got that name from their dances like this one, where it looks like they could not do pushups with their arms so they just humped the ground instead.  


I have a nickname for these types of pushups, but it implicates an old friend from high school....fo' shizzle.

And jeeze-um-crowe. Can you please learn how to speak the English in your song correctly if you are going to repeat it multiple times?  I keep hearing "S-E-Y-L-E" and it is definitely supposed to be a "T."  (tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh-TEE)

Alright folks, I hope you all had a wonderful week, and I leave you with this last image from boy group U-KISS. (all caps)


-ar



No comments:

Post a Comment