Wednesday, February 20, 2013

KPOP Update: KPOP versus JPOP. Oh, and you should download this song.

Ooohhhh heyyyyy!

This week's KPOP update is a Battle Royale. KPOP vs JPOP.  The winner? KPOP.  Was that really a question?  Here's why:

Miss A-KPOP representative.

A few weeks ago Miss A (a top group from JYP Entertainment) released their response to Destiny's Child "Independent Woman."  Ok-the preview of their song had this awesome dubstep track to go with it, and I was super psyched for the full release.  

Listen to the preview and watch their badassness here:




Then the full single came out in all its KPOP bubbliness.  While not the same, and not even comparable to Destiny's Child (Beyonce is the queen of music), after a few listens it kind of gets stuck in your head.  And what's that? JYP included subtitles WITH THE MUSIC VIDEO? Unbelievable!  Yayyyy America!  I mean, yay English speaking people?


"I don't need a man, I don't need a man.  WHAT?"


Girls' Generation-JPOP representative (also the #1 female group from SM Entertainment)

It's no secret that KPOP groups release Japanese tracks to get that extra dough from the Asian population.  Unfortunately, some groups are much better at this than others.  What about Girls' Generation? Well, in the case of their newest JPOP track, this is one of the worst.



Yes, Sunny, (I'm talking to the girl in the photo above, her stage name is "Sunny") this song was terrible.  Here are the English phrases I heard from this song in order:
Weekend
Dancing floors, scream and shout
Human nature
Ah, ah, ah
I'm not gonna, I'm not gonna
Cheers
Do you wanna be my lover?
Glass wall
Butterfly!
Spider! Yeahhh ohh ohh
Flavor ohhh flavor power
Color ooohhh color flower!
Flower Flower
...and that's just 1 min 35 seconds in.



So yes, terrible.

Since I refuse to end this on a bad note, please, please, please check out this song by Seo In Young called "Anymore."  She never really advertised it, and for the life of me I will never understand why.  It's like a mix of European electronic dance music and KPOP.  So in other words, it is awesome.  If you don't understand the previous description, then you should definitely click on the link below:


I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween-it's Christmas music time!!!!

-ar

No comments:

Post a Comment