Wednesday, February 20, 2013

KPOP Update: New groups, same old formula...but I still like it!!!


Oooohhh hey guys!

It's that time again.  More KPOP updates!

Two new rookie groups have released music videos.  They both include the typical KPOP group formula- let's have partial singing, partial rapping, some techno back beats, and call it a day.  The rap portions work for some groups, (see Brown Eyed Girls-"Sixth Sense" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdH1GwyZJuY  or Big Bang- "Fantastic Baby" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAbokV76tkU ) but others sound like children trying to rap Eminem lyrics.  Let's start with the girl group, EXID. (pronounced ee-ex-eye-dee)




EXID (again, all caps) has released their new single, "I Feel Good."  OK-I LOVED the music video.  I totes giggled out loud once I realized this wasn't the typical girl group mv where they: a) pine over the same boy b) wear "edgy" looking clothes and run around town lip syncing c) are dancing in a single room and have close up shots of their faces.  Oh wait, parts b and c are still in this music video?  Whoops.


The next rookie group is a boy group called VIXX



VIXX, I have googled, stands for "voice, visual, value in excelsis." I swear to you I am not lying.  Seriously? Seriously. I want to create a girl group named POOP.  It would stand for "Physically Odd, Omnipotent People."  (first thing that came to my mind, not my best) Here is their new music video featuring Dasom from awesome girl group SISTAR! (SISTAR is pronounced, "sistah"



A fun video, and a fun song, but boy groups just freak me out because boys should never weigh less than me. NEVAR.

-ar






No comments:

Post a Comment